Tuesday, March 27, 2012

19 weeks

Our baby's sensory development is exploding! The brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that baby may be able to hear our voices now!
Our baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of its body now. The kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on the scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.
Next week is the big 20 week appointment we've all been waiting for!! I can hardly wait to see what God has blessed us with... boy or girl??  Just last night I had a dream we were having a boy... but Greg has had a dream that it's a girl.  So stay tuned...6 days and counting!! Can't wait to see who had the right dream!  Either way, I'm so excited to see our precious little baby's face and toes and fingers and everything at the 3-d ultrasound!
Here's my bump as of this morning.  ;-)  Oh, and I have been feeling some awesome kicks from the lil' stinker too! Such a cool feeling!

1 comment:

  1. I still say boy but am oh so anxious to see what God said :) You look wonderful Kort, beautiful as ever and as they say "glowing" Please have Greg keep his singing to a minimum now, we don't want our precious baby scared. Love you all

    ReplyDelete