Friday, March 16, 2012

18 week bump

Definitely growing!!

How our baby's growing:
Head to rump, our baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and weighs almost 7 ounces. Baby's busy flexing its arms and legs — movements that I've started noticing more and more in the last week!! I love feeling those flutters!! Blood vessels are visible through the thin skin, and ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. (Wonder if this little one will have those cute ears that stick out like his big brother?) A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around the nerves, a process that will continue for a year after it's born. If I'm having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If I'm having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now too! Can't wait for that next appointment April 2nd!! 

Love you so much in there little baby Geary!! ~ Momma 

No comments:

Post a Comment