Monday, March 12, 2012

17 weeks

How our baby's growing:

Our baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — the lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Our baby weighs about 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and is around 5 inches long from head to bottom. It can move its joints, and its sweat glands are starting to develop.

My bump is also increasing super fast it seems! I'll try to get a new photo up again soon. Even just within this week I have felt so many different growing pains (minor of course), and whatnot that I feel like I have a totally different body than I did 7 days ago!  Which I suppose I do. ;-)  The miracle of pregnancy...so crazy!  The weather has been phenomenal here all last weekend, and should stay that way through the week. So it's been awesome to get outside and get moving! Levi and I have had many walks to the park to play in the sunshine and looking forward to even more this week. Spring fever has officially hit me! Unfortunately we probably will be getting more snow in the near future... but nonetheless, spring is on it's way eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment