How our baby's growing:
Our baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that she's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds. Because she's so snug in my womb, she isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times she kicks should remain about the same. Her kidneys are fully developed now, and her liver can process some waste products. Most of her basic physical development is now complete — she'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.
I am definitely feeling the lack of room in my belly! I can feel her every movement for sure. All my organs are nice & crowded, increasing my heartburn more frequently & making me have to use the bathroom about 3 times as much as I normally have been! This also makes my middle of the night trips extremely difficult... not only for the bathroom breaks, but because it usually takes me an extra 5 minutes of motivation and rolling over to get my achy body up and walking. ;-)
I wish I was able to get another 3-D ultrasound so I could see this little miracle growing inside of me. I want to see her little face and hands and feet and everything about her soooooo bad! One good sign of nearing the end though, is that I have been starting to get some braxton hicks contractions. They started almost immediately after my last appointment. I've sense been getting them about once every hour, or every couple hours. Which kind of seems like a lot for being this far out, but maybe not. I don't think I'll worry about it unless I start getting them more regularly. I'll be sure to tell my doctor at the next appointment though, to which I'm sure she'll say that it's quite normal. I know she'll be checking my cervix anyway, so maybe I'll even start to be dilated at that point! That would be exciting...as long as I make it past the 37 week mark to make sure she's nice and healthy and ready to come out!
I wish I was able to get another 3-D ultrasound so I could see this little miracle growing inside of me. I want to see her little face and hands and feet and everything about her soooooo bad! One good sign of nearing the end though, is that I have been starting to get some braxton hicks contractions. They started almost immediately after my last appointment. I've sense been getting them about once every hour, or every couple hours. Which kind of seems like a lot for being this far out, but maybe not. I don't think I'll worry about it unless I start getting them more regularly. I'll be sure to tell my doctor at the next appointment though, to which I'm sure she'll say that it's quite normal. I know she'll be checking my cervix anyway, so maybe I'll even start to be dilated at that point! That would be exciting...as long as I make it past the 37 week mark to make sure she's nice and healthy and ready to come out!
No comments:
Post a Comment