Friday, May 25, 2012

28 weeks ~ 3rd Trimester!

Time for the home stretch!! Here we go 3rd and final trimester...hooray! 



How our baby's growing:
By this week, our baby weighs two and a quarter pounds and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through my womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world. 

According to babycenter.com, most women gain about 11 pounds this trimester....we'll see how "normal" I am when it comes to that statistic. ;-) I know with Levi it was closer to 30! Of course, all those carmel rolls didn't help either. If I can only stay away from the Armadillo's ice cream the rest of the summer.... doubt it! 

Next appointment is Wednesday, May 30th at 9:00am. I'll be doing my glucose screening, to test for gestational diabetes. Then the following Thursday we're off to Florida for a little family vacation!!! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment