Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Update on 11 week ultrasound

I got a call back from the OB doc about Monday's appointment. She said after looking at the ultrasounds I may have a low lying placenta (aka placenta previa).  But it shouldn't be something to be too super worried about at this stage I guess.  She wants to have another ultrasound done next week at that appointment to check up on it again. I'm just not supposed to be doing anything strenuous. And from what I was reading online, it looks like about 80% of women that do have it before 20 wks, say it goes away and moves up on it's own as the baby grows.  I think worse case scenario is I would end up having to have a c-section b/c it's blocking my cervix opening.  Either way, sucks to have to worry about, so looking forward to next appointment again to see if it's changed at all, and get more information on this whole low lying placenta thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment