Monday, February 27, 2012

15 weeks

How our baby's growing:

Our growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). It's busy moving amniotic fluid through the nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in the lungs begin to develop. The legs are growing longer than the arms now, and can move all of its joints and limbs. Although the eyelids are still fused shut, it can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at my tummy, for instance, baby is likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for our baby to taste at this point, but is forming taste buds. Finally, 'IF' I were to have an ultrasound this week, we may be able to find out whether our baby's a boy or a girl!  But, we'll have to keep waiting at this point. Next appointment isn't until March 6th... and I don't know whether or not we will get to find out. Our doctor didn't specify to us at which appointment we'd be able to know. So, guess it's the waiting game still! I am so excited to find out though...I think about it all day, every day & can't wait to prepare myself for either another handsome little boy, or a precious little mini me!! Either way...my ecstatic anticipation is hard to contain!  

4 comments:

  1. I have said Boy from day 1. I also guessed due date as GiGi's birthday, but now after the due date has been set I don't think Kort can make it to the 25th....nor would she want to :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be neat on GiGi's birthday...but let's pray for my sake that does not happen! :) As far as my inclination of boy or girl... I had first thought boy, but now I'm thinking girl! I just don't know and soooo excited to find out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. now for names....anything picked out??? Turtle Leaf is pretty cool.....and could really work for either a boy or a girl, don't you think??? Just think of the fun nick names...Turt, Turd, Torti, Tortle, Tea Leaf....

    Ok, i'm cracking myself up....better get back to work...XOXO

    ReplyDelete