Wednesday, August 8, 2012

38 week appointment

One last post (hopefully) before we get to meet this baby girl! Our appointment was good this morning. Dr. Beshara was very surprised that I have not gone into labor yet! I'm now dilated to a 4 and about 70% effaced. Her heart rate is in the 130s this time (has been a consistent 140 range for the whole pregnancy), but she said that's good and normal still. Doc says to stick close to the hospital 'cause the minute my consistent contractions start, it's probably going to be super quick since I've been so far along for this long. She also thinks baby girl is going to be bigger than what Levi was when he was born, (which was 7lbs 13oz).... so, that will be interesting to see if she's right about that! Of course that really makes me want to get this girl out even sooner! Especially if I'm going to try to go drug free again. We asked her about stripping the membranes, and she said that (after already checking my cervix) my membranes were pretty much already gone naturally, but she had pushed back what was left of them, not sure if it would even make much of a difference. So, all signs say this baby girl should be on her way! Including my super puffy fingers, legs & toes telling me she's more than ready to come out, so it's serious praying time to encourage this little girl to get out!! Hope I get to post a picture of her beautiful face here soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment