Wednesday, December 28, 2011

6 weeks

6 weeks and exhausted already!  With all the Christmas traveling between families, Greg breaking his ankle (Friday before Christmas), waiting on him and Levi, cooking, packing, cleaning & wrapping...oh, and of course being pregnant & hormonally imbalanced.... I am sleep deprived and exhausted! But life is good...right!  Let's just say I'm very much looking forward to spending a relaxed weekend in Denver with my hubby, brother & sister-in-law! Club seats at the New Year's Bronco's game... woohoo!!  Levi with be with Grandma Pam all weekend long and little tiny baby Geary #2 and I will be enjoying some seriously needed R&R for the New Year!!

How our baby's growing:

This week's major developments: The nose, mouth, and ears are beginning to take shape. Eyes and nostrils are starting to form. Emerging ears are marked by small depressions on the sides of the head, and arms and legs by protruding buds. Heart is beating about 100 to 160 times a minute — almost twice as fast as mine — and blood is beginning to course through the body. Intestines are developing, and the bud of tissue that will give rise to the lungs has appeared. Pituitary gland is forming, as are the rest of the brain, muscles, and bones. Right now, our baby is a quarter of an inch long, about the size of a lentil.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, anybody would be exhausted with a schedule like that. I hope you get your much needed rest this weekend, be careful and have fun. Love you all

    ReplyDelete